Spyro Ruby Stained Gels
1. Sypro Ruby is a mass spec compatible protein stain with similar sensitivity as silver stain, therefore the same precautions (1-5 under Silver Stained Gels) apply to Sypro Ruby stain.
2. Since the stain is a florescent dye it can not be seen by eye. Plese submit a picture of the gel and indicate the bands or spots to be analyzed.
3. Excise gel band(s)/spot(s) with as little excess empty gel as possible.
4. Place the gel band(s)/spot(s) into a micro centrifuge tube with some ddwater.
5. Fill out Sample Submission Form form.
6. Drop off or send samples and submission form to the facility (Note: No need to send samples on dry ice).