1. Samples for modification analysis must be coomassie stainable.
2. The more protein you can load in the gel and the more pure the protein is the better chance we will have of finding modification sites.
3. Send the sequence of the protein along with the sample. We will do a theoretical trypsin digestion to determine the peptide coverage. If peptide coverage is poor with trypsin another enzyme will need to be utilized.
4. Excise gel band(s)/spot(s) with as little excess empty gel as possible.
5. Place the gel band(s)/spot(s) into a micro centrifuge tube with some ddwater.
6. Fill out Sample Submission Form form.
7. Drop off or send samples and submission form to the facility (Note: No need to send samples on dry ice).